Pete Holmes - Comedy, Sex, God

Tuesday, March 10, 2020


I have been a fan of Pete Holmes' podcast You Made It Weird since it first came out in 2011. Pete is a stand up comedian, writer and actor. Being such a devoted "weirdo" (listener of the podcast), I didn't learn a ton of new information. What I did get to experience was the measured and thoughtful writing Pete provides in this book, instead of his chatty sidebars.

Pete grew up religious, and a good chunk of this book is exploring a childhood that was peppered with shame and repression of sexuality, of the struggles he found maintaining his parent's faith when he entered the stand up world, and how a divorce could be the catalyst to many beautiful joyful experiences.

GET INTO IT.

Join the conversation!

Tell me what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© I Should Be Reading. Design by FCD.